15 Tips On How To Pack For Vacation Like A Pro
Confession: When it comes to packing for a vacation, I am the worst. Seriously. I own a lot of clothes and accessories (I have a shopping problem, it’s fine), and I do not know how to consolidate anything. When I think about what I’ll need for a vacation, even if it’s only for three days, hundreds of outfits go through my mind. I’m afraid to leave anything behind. It’s like, I know I’m going to a tropical island, but maybe I’ll need a sweatshirt, sweatpants and jeans, just in case. I never know what I’m going to be in the mood for, and I want to prepared for anything.
As a result, I am always the person on vacation with the most luggage. It never fails, and I always get made fun of for it, and I really don’t care.
But this past weekend, when I went to Ocean City, Maryland for four days with my friends, I brought WAY too much stuff – at least 15 items of clothing I never wore, along with a pile of jewelry that wasn’t touched. I have more weekend vacations coming up, and I know I need to do something about my packing problems.
So, I put together this list of packing tips for those of you who struggle just as much as I do. Whether you’re an over-packer like me, or you just want to be more neat and tidy when you go on vacation, you should check this out. Here are 15 amazing tips on how to pack like a pro.
1. If you’re second-guessing yourself, use this infographic to figure out if you really should bring it or not.
2. Keep your cables and cords in place in a case.
3. Keep your jewelry safe and compact in a pill case. This is also a good way to hide your jewelry in an unexpected place.
4. Always keep your underwear in their own separate place.
5. Never fold! It takes up so much room. Instead, roll your clothes (they won’t get wrinkly, I always do it), or put them in baggies.
6. You can also try rolling up entire outfits – that way, when you unpack them, everything is in one place.
7. Make sure you’re as prepared as you can be for an emergency situation with these basics.
8. Take note of these electronics tips.
9. Trying to decide on which clothes to bring? Follow these simple guidelines.
10. If you’re traveling by airplane, taking only a carry-on is SO much better than checking bags. Use this graphic to pack it the best way possible.
11. Wondering what to bring on a plane? Or even on a long car ride? Use this checklist.
12. When thinking about what you’re going to want to wear while you’re away, go through these steps to pack efficiently.
13. These little items are great to put in a large purse, whether you’re going abroad or not.
14. This is the ultimate packing list. Print it out, make copies, keep it by your suitcase.
15. Use this guide to make the most of your suitcase.