- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
This great Marsabit-Lake Turkana cultural Festival will take place for the 13th consecutive year in Loyangalani town; on the shores of the awe-inspiring Jade Sea. For this year the event is co-organized by the County Government of Marsabit, Local Community Festival Committee, Kenya Tourism Board, National Museums of Kenya and Kenya Wildlife Service.
It is here where the ethnic communities which live in Marsabit County: El Molo, Rendille, Samburu, Turkana, Dassanatch, Gabra, Borana, Konso, Sakuye, Garee, Waata, Burji and Somali demonstrate through song and dance their unique differences and traditions. In this remote and forgotten region; we are also made aware of the challenges faced by these minority tribes which include drought, environmental challenges, poor infrastructure and wrangling amongst each other. Awe at their impressive dress and ornaments and study their artifacts and way of life in the dramatic landscape that makes up the north of Kenya.
Ready for an adventurous 6 day camping tour as we journey to the festival event in Loyangalani?
Enjoy the people’s culture as well as the scenery route.
- Transport by safari vehicle (land cruiser or expedition truck depending on final group size)
- Professional English speaking driver, guide and cook
- All campsite fees
- Cooking and camping equipment including use of our three-person tents (each tent shared by 2 people), stools, foam mattresses except sleeping bags/ pillows
- Meals as per meal plan indicated whether vegetarian or non-veg prepared by our safari cook as indicated (includes tea & coffee)
- 1 liter of mineral water per person per day
- Flying doctors emergency evacuation cover
- Participation in the festival activities in Loiyangalani
- Optional activities as indicated e.g. boat rides on Lake Turkana
- Accommodation upgrades in Palm shade
- Personal travel/ Medical insurance
- Sleeping bags/ blankets/ pillows
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers [but can be arranged at extra cost]
- All airport taxes and visas
- All personal expenses and toiletries; e.g. additional mineral water, beverages & toiletries
- Any other extras not stated as included above
- The above tour is a basic camping group tour.
- The group size is open and there are no restrictions to number within the group.
- Children younger than 7 years are not permitted on group tours.
- For smaller, private group sizes and upgraded accommodations; please contact us – the costs will differ. Participants are requested to keep time with regards to camp set up/ pack up as instructed by tour guides.
- The above tour is adventurous ‘no-frills’ and should be viewed as such.
- Journey route may be subject to change as per ground conditions on the day (regarding weather), security or any other unforeseeable circumstances.
- Day 1 (Wed 12th June)
- Day 2 (Thurs 13th June)
- Day 3 & 4 (Fri 14th & Saturday 15th June)
- Day 5 (sun 16th June)
- Day 6 (Mon 17th June)